A MESSAGE FROM OUT FOUNDER, TAKAHIRO OCHIYA
Why is the pathology of “cancer” complex?
This is because the "face” of cancer cells is complex and diverse and differs from individual to individual.
A multi-faceted approach is essential in order to understand these characteristics of cancer cells, and technological innovation and imaginative research ideas are required on a daily basis. The purpose of the Research Department of Theoria Science is to establish new methods of diagnosis and treatment for various diseases including cancer. We have specialized technologies in the areas of nucleic acid medicine, biological imaging, stem cells, regenerative medicine, cell engineering, and molecular oncology.
And with our accumulated experience in these areas, we are constantly taking on the challenge of exploring new areas. Our accumulated know-how functions as a communication tool between cells, just like exosomes, extracellular vesicles that have grown into one of the areas of greatest global interest over the past ten years. In particular, we believe that the elucidation of the mechanism of cancer metastasis by exosomes and application to diagnosis as well as the development of new therapeutics targeting exosomes will be new future research areas. The role of exosomes in the progression not only of cancer but also of various diseases has already been elucidated. By undertaking research and development of the diagnostic methods and therapeutics targeting exosomes for all of these diseases, we will take on the challenge of relieving the suffering of the many who suffer from illness and realizing a "me-byo" society free of disease.
- 2021.11.17 Takahiro Ochiya was selected for a Clarivate Highly Cited Researcher - 2021 by Clarivate Analytics. For details please click here.
- 2021.08.02 Theoria Science successfully raises 5 million dollars in Series A round. Click here for details.
- 2020.11.19 Takahiro Ochiya was selected for a Clarivate Highly Cited Researcher - 2020 by Clarivate Analytics. For details please click here.
- 2020.03.11 Theoria Science covered in a special feature article on Nikkei Biotech ONLINE. Click here to the article.
- 2020.03.04 Theoria's service featured in an article on the liquid biopsy market on Nikkei Biotech ONLINE. Click here to the article.
|Theoria Science, Inc.
|2-13-10 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0062
|Development of cancer diagnosis
and therapeutics using exosomes.
|Takayuki Mizutani, Hironori Ado, Seiichi Okabe